Process and Resources
First, download and print this document.
Analyze these sources of information:
The materials listed above are on your chart. These sources might also be helpful:
- "Pocahontas" by the Association for the preservation of Virginia Antiquities
- "Captain John Smith" by the Association for the preservation of Virginia Antiquities
- Pocahontas: Ambassador of the New World
This video, part of the A&E Biography series, is available from A&E TV. As part of their Cable in the Classroom programming, it may be aired commercial-free with extended copyright for use the classroom. Check local listings. The video can also be purchased. A&E has retitled it Pocahontas: Her True Story.
- "The Pocahontas Myth" by Chief Roy Crazy Horse of the Powhatan Renape Nation
- Pocahontas, video from Disney
This video should be available from any video rental store.
- "The Real Pocahontas" by David Morenus
When you finish your research, discuss your findings with a partner. Then write a business memo to the Board of Directors at Disney and recommend a course of action. Your teacher will explain how to write a memo.
Click EVALUATION to continue.